SPOT VULNERABILITIES BEFORE HACKERS DO
Timely pentesting helps you in several ways: it detects areas of security worth investing in, provides an unbiased look at your current security measures, and predicts the outcomes of possible hacker attacks.
Moreover, as a result of pentesting by Apriorit, you’ll get a report with recommendations for improving your security and complying with cybersecurity regulations.
Apriorit provides pentesting services for:
- Client–server systems
- Web services
- External and internal networks
- Android and iOS applications
- Smart contracts
- SaaS platforms
- And more
TEST YOUR SECURITY STEP BY STEP
Our approach to security penetration testing is based on the OWASP Testing Guide, CIS Benchmarks, and the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES). The Apriorit team includes testers with Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification.
Extensive knowledge and continuous education have allowed us to create a reliable workflow. Here are the key stages of our penetration testing service:
We gather all the information on the client we can find. This includes information about the company, product, business model, frameworks, operating systems, programming languages, server hardware, etc. This information helps us create a threat model and plan an attack.
At this stage, we scan our client’s network and choose tools to perform an attack. Our choice of weapons depends on the information we’ve gathered and the threat model we’ve created during the previous stage.
We deliver our weapons to a targeted machine. Depending on the task, we can use a USB stick, simulate a phishing attack, or choose another attack vector. This stage locates entry points into the client’s system.
The malware exploits system vulnerabilities, trying to find an unprotected spot. These same vulnerabilities could be used during a real attack.
The malware installs itself and masks itself as a regular process. This stage shows how a hacker can create a backdoor inside the system.It was originally published on https://www.apriorit.com
6. Command & control
Once the malware is installed, it obtains as many permissions as possible in order to find out how much damage it can do.
7. Actions on object
At the final stage, the malware shows what a hacker can do to the client’s system: copy and edit databases, change network parameters, create man-in-the-middle devices, etc.
EMPOWER YOURSELF WITH KNOWLEDGE
- The methodology we used during pentesting. You’ll know exactly what we tested and which tools we used.
- A list of the security issues we detected, categorized by their level of impact. You’ll be able to prioritize bug fixes and concentrate on the most critical issues first.
- Methods of exploiting vulnerabilities and analysis of business impact. You’ll get insights into possible attack scenarios and their consequences.
- Expert advice on how to fix vulnerabilities. Our expertise in cybersecurity allows us to determine the fastest and most reliable ways to protect your system.
- A personalized list of best practices to improve your cybersecurity. Alongside our list of advice for your system, we’ll suggest a set of actions to further increase your security.
The comprehensive insights provided in our pentesting report will give you a precise understanding of your system’s security. Using our recommendations, you’ll be able to level up your defenses and make a hacker’s life a lot harder!
Ultimately our decision for a continued relationship with this company was based on several key factors: customer centric, diligent professionals, acceptable time zone shift, excellent internet connection.
We do not consider the Apriorit team as an outside vendor but an extension of our development team. Read more »