Why security testing?
Security testing allows you to discover vulnerabilities in software before it’s deployed. This is especially critical for software that stores or handles sensitive information.
But security testing requires a great deal of knowledge and expertise, and maintaining an in-house security testing team can be prohibitively expensive.
We offer software penetration testing and vulnerability assessment services for:
Apriorit performs white box and black box security audits, SaaS penetration testing, and internal and external security testing.
What will you get?
- A detailed report on all testing activities performed
- An independent and unbiased assessment of your system’s protection
- Data loss prevention proposals
- Recommendations to improve your cybersecurity and ensure compliance with regulations and standards
- Discovery of known and zero-day vulnerabilities
- Expert advice from ethical hackers
- Detailed recommendations on how to fix detected issues and improve the tested system
- Stress testing before important events (conferences, hackathons, ICOs, etc.)
Our security testing approach
|We start by researching the software system, potential attack vectors, and potential attackers.
|After conducting research, we build a custom vulnerability assessment plan.
|On average, security testing itself takes from 20 to 80 hours depending on the size and complexity of the system.
|You’ll receive a Security Assessment Report with detailed descriptions of discovered vulnerabilities and recommendations on potential solutions and prioritization of fixes.
If a project requires detailed prototyping or implementation, we involve the Apriorit cybersecurity engineering team.
- Configuration analysis
- Communication analysis
- Server security testing
- Client security testing
- Report and recommendations
Our methodology and tools
With more than a decade of experience in the cybersecurity market, Apriorit has formed its own unique methodology for security testing, with particular scenarios intended for different kinds of test subjects. We perform penetration testing of SaaS platforms and applications, mobile app testing, blockchain security testing, and more.
Selection of methods and tools as well as particular testing plans and estimates depend heavily on the size, specifics, and goals of a project.
We base our security testing approaches on the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), the OWASP Testing Guide, and the experience of our own specialists, who have worked on both sides of the cybersecurity barricades.
- Multi-paradigm frameworks
- Network vulnerability scanners
- Web vulnerability scanners
- Static analyzers
- OSINT tools
- Network reconnaissance tools
- Wireless network tools
- Protocol analyzers and sniffers
- Reverse engineering tools
- File format analysis tools and web vulnerability scanners
- Web exploitation tools
- Virtual host scanners and machines
- Physical access tools
- And more
SaaS penetration testing
SaaS platform security is one of the key factors in a platform’s success. We thoroughly evaluate platform infrastructure for public, private, and hybrid cloud platforms.
To improve the security of cloud-based platforms and applications as much as possible, we take a thorough approach to SaaS security testing. In particular, in addition to PTES and OWASP, we use CIS Benchmarks to keep up with the best security practices.
- Identity management
- Session management
- Input validation
- Error handling
- Business logic flaws
- Data integrity and security
- Regulatory compliance
- OWASP ZAP
- And more
Penetration testing of SaaS applications and platforms should be fast and comprehensive in order to keep up with software updates. Our Agile-based delivery process ensures you get actionable results within a predictable amount of time and within the estimated budget.