A US-based business management solution vendor is delivering a specialized CRM-like SaaS solution for telecommunication providers. The company decided to make engineering processes more transparent and standardized while saving internal management efforts by contracting a dedicated managed team specializing in .NET and web development. Quick start, right expertise, and quality code provided by Apriorit team became the keys to the project success.
Get this case as PDF:
The Client is a US-based software publishing company that specializes in delivering CRM-like business management solutions. Among the main company clients are many domestic telecommunication service providers, for whom they created a hosted, integrated CRM-like SaaS platform that unifies billing, POS, customer management, employee management, inventory control, scheduling, and many other features.
Client used a combination of on-site developers and freelancers for the initial SaaS system development. Company plans were to release a majorly reworked and enhanced new platform version for its customers. As the development scopes kept growing, managing such a team and adhering to the standards became increasingly difficult. As a result, company decided to outsource SaaS software development to a single dedicated team.
For outsourcing SaaS software development, Client needed an established experienced ASP.NET dedicated team that was able to seamlessly pick up development over an existing system and provide maintenance, as well as new feature development.
Team also needed to be easy to work with and manage, capable of efficiently transforming business requirement to a finished CRM-like SaaS solution.
Apriorit was noted due to a positive reference from an existing client. Our company was able to present the Client with an offer that included:
- Right expertise. Apriorit has a number of experienced .NET developers and managed to offer the dedicated development team of people with the right knowledge and expertise that was required for the project.
- Managed dedicated team. Our team is located in a single place and managed by Apriorit project manager, organizing efficient development and requiring minimal efforts from the client’s side.
- Efficient communication. We presented a single point of contact in the person of project manager that was able to effectively coordinate cooperation between our team and the Client. Apriorit team also included a business analyst for efficient requirement specification.
- Quick start. Our team was able to start work in 3 weeks.
As a result, among all potential candidates, Client decided to choose Apriorit.
After the offer was accepted, Apriorit managed to provide a dedicated SaaS application development team consisting of 7 developers, 2 QA specialists, 1 business analyst, and 1 project-manager. The team started to work in 3 weeks after the signing of an initial agreement.
It took some time for our team to fully meet the standards and requirements set by the Client. Face-to-face meeting in our office after two month since the beginning of cooperation became an important milestone allowing our developers to fully integrate into the Client process.
The team started with existent system architecture and database structure review.
After it, the active phase of new feature implementation started. During this phase, business analyst played a crucial role making all communications between business stakeholders and technology team efficient and formalizing requirements into tech specs. The Apriorit team was temporary extended to 9 developers to organize efficient work flow.
During the work on the product, Apriorit introduced a series of optimization recommendations, which after implementation resulted in average performance increase of up to 40 times.
Right from the project start, Apriorit team was also engaged in the existent platform version support and maintenance.
More than two years of continued cooperation left the Client satisfied with the job performed by our team. Highlights of our work include:
- Team produced a well-optimized high quality code
- All project releases were delivered within budged
- All projects were delivered on schedule or with minimal deviations
- The Client notes the increased quality level of delivered solutions with minimal amount of reported bugs and customer issues
- Team managed to efficiently develop new features the way Client wanted them
As a result, the Client continues to outsource SaaS application development to Apriorit. Now our .NET dedicated team covers approximately 70% of all development efforts by the Client, including 100% of new feature development.
Apriorit business analyst and project manager helped to significantly reduce the load on the client management and make development more effective, while our experienced developers managed to streamline SaaS engineering process and constantly produce results that the client was satisfied with.